So you’re planning your holidays to Benidorm with your girlfriends? Well, you picked the right spot, because the place is packed not only with sexy Spanish muchachos, but lots of fun things to do as well. Here are our top picks:
1. Hit the Beach: Benidorm’s main attractions are its gorgeous, white-sand beaches. Sunny most days of the year, they’re the perfect place to relax with your friends, enjoy some Spanish eye-candy and have a drink and tapas at the nearest beach bar. Make your way out to Levante Beach if you’re looking to make new friends and party hard, or make your way to the quieter Poniente Beach to relax and sunbathe. Don’t forget the sunscreen!
2. Scuba Diving: Suit up and get ready to explore the depths of Benidorm’s beautiful waters. With the help of professional divemasters, you’ll get to discover the Mediterranean sea-bottom, full of exotic, colourful fish and dark underwater caves. Who knows, if you’re lucky, you might find some sunken treasure! Whether it’s your first or your hundredth dive, you’re sure to have a blast.
3. Adrenaline Rush: If you crave adrenaline, then make your way to Terra Mitica theme park, where you’ll find just the thing to get your heart pounding. More than 20 rides to choose from, including a 55-metre free fall and a rollercoaster that hits 90 kilometres per hour. We recommend going on an empty stomach…
4. Time to Get Wet: Want to enjoy some sun and water, but hate getting all sandy? Then head over to one of Benidorm’s two waterparks. Here, you can enjoy hundreds of metres of water chutes, artificial waves, waterfalls and even an aquarium. Did we mention there’s a pool as well?
5. Clown Around: The last time you went to the circus, you were probably still holding your mother’s hand. Why not re-live the experience with your friends by your side this time? Benidorm Circus has a full cast of contortionists, trapeze artists, jugglers and clowns who will do their best to get a laugh out of you.
6. Party Hard: Following the Spanish tradition, parties in Benidorm are legendary and can go on well into the sunrise. There’s more than 150 nightclubs and discos to choose from, most of them located in the old town. Some discos even have their own swimming pool, so don’t forget your swimsuit!